- he is able to say the speech sounds(phonemes).
- he is aware that words are made up of speech sounds.
- he recognizes the letters(graphemes) that represent the sounds.
- he uses the correct hand movement for writing letters. For preschool children you can use Readeasy Activity Book 1 to practice letter formation.
- he understands what he reads & writes. The first step to comprehension is to show him real objects or pictures of what he is reading.
- he is able to use symbols(letters) to write his thoughts.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
When I teach my child to read and write, I make sure that: